Seo Online Training Course Search

Sunday 23 September 2012

Success through Link Building

Success through Link Building
How can you expect to have successful website if you dont use link building methods [gasp.. choke..]?

One of the most useless things you can do for your website is to listen to spam emails out of India that ask for reciprocal links. I get at least one of these requests every day. This usually takes the form of: "...and I was wondering if you are interested in exchange links, I'll place your link on my sites exactly here..."

In the last year and a half, I have only received one genuine and relevant request which I accepted.

What is a Valid Link Exchange Request
You can tell a valid link exchange request by checking the senders email. Is it from a real website? Is this the same website in the link?

Sometimes [by which I mean mostly], the email will come from a .com but ask you to link a .net or a totally different website. This gives the sender a one-way link from your honest site which helps to improve their PR ranking in Google. But you get a link from a page that has hundreds or thousands of other links by those who were also not so wise to this trick and this does nothing to your PR rating and in some cases, can even lower your ranking.

How then do i Build up Links to my site?
If you have a good site, and as time rolls by, people will find and link your data or services. You can nudge this along by asking suppliers or similar businesses to include a link to you on their site. The links must make sense. If you do gutter repairs on this side of town, you might share a link with another tradie on that side of town.

You can also join a group that talks about home repairs and post a link to your website on that forum [join one that allows this].

Though my site has hundreds of incoming links now, it was not that way when I started and I rank in the top 300,000 in the alexa.com list. I did this with only 2 or 3 inbound links at the time.

So dont place too much importance on this activity. Having someone like me to seo your website is a far better course of action to increase your online presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.