Seo Online Training Course Search

Sunday 23 September 2012

cheap and free websites with seo

There is definitely a push to get business into cheap and/or free websites that claim to have seo optimized code.

What actually lies behind many of these offers?
To get you business onto the internet so that you pay and pay.

If your website is not found by those searching the internet, then it doesnt matter how much  you paid, it is wasted cash. Ideally, you'll be told you need to pay advertizing dollars to make it work. But you could do that anyway in papers and newsletters in your suburb and probably get much more sales anyway. So what's the use. Really?

Costing study for free websites
I did a costing study recently and found most free websites cost between 99 and 150 dollars a year. If you want this or that feature, it is usually an extra 60 per year. Some dont even come with a real email address or expect you to use an online service. To me, your email address should be post@mywebsite.com to look even half professional. I shudder when I get spam in my inbox from gmail or hotmail or similar claiming they are a legitimate business. How do you check it?

Websites I setup, design and host for small, micro and home business are mostly priced into this same bracket. But of course, you get real help [I even do it for you if you like] with getting your site up and going.

website builders
Another issue is that many expect you to design and build your business page. Though this may look good, most are so poorly formulated it is a miracle if anyone finds your website at all. I recommend using artisteer if you want to build your own site. I then take it apart and make the code effective for the search engines. You can buy the student demo for 50 bucks.

The only upside to website builders is that you can manage your pages a little easier. But in practice, I find that very few of these owners update their sites at all, so if you wanted a little up date here or there, I do it for free with my deals.

New websites and seo
But by far the biggest area of omission is having your site found by the search engines.

You can easily install statcounter.com's tracker to see how your website is really doing. This will tell you ifyou have a lemon website on your hands or not. Most likely, I can recreate your website for the same price as your are paying now [maybe even cheaper]. Then take another look at how the site is performing. If it is not better, work out some deal with me to make up for it. I doubt this would ever happen though.

I take pride in my work and I freely work with my clients to make sure they are being found. There is always other things you can do to help your website along. I discuss this on a personal level for your business. My recommendations are provided free to my customers as I like to see you do well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.